The ninth meeting of the Financial and Economic Commission of the CPC Central Committee, held on March 15, studied the basic ideas and major measures to promote the healthy development of the platform economy and achieve carbon neutrality and carbon peak. In an important speech delivered at the meeting, Xi stressed that to achieve a carbon peak and carbon neutral is a broad and profound economic and social systemic reform, and that we should integrate carbon peak and carbon neutral into the overall
plan of ecological civilization construction, and work hard to achieve the goals of carbon peak by 2030 and carbon neutral by 2060 as scheduled.
The meeting heard reports from the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, and the Ministry of Natural Resources on the overall ideas and major measures for achieving carbon peak and carbon neutrality.
The meeting stressed that China's efforts to reach a carbon peak by 2030 and achieve carbon neutrality by 2060 are a major strategic decision made after careful consideration by the CPC Central Committee, which bears on the sustainable development of the Chinese nation and the building of a community with a shared future for mankind.
To unswervingly implement the new concept of development, adhere to the system concept, handle the development and emission reduction, global and local, short-term and long-term relationship, with overall green transformation of the economic and social development as the guide, with green low carbon energy development as key to speed up the formation of the industrial structure of the resource conservation and environmental protection, production mode, life style, space pattern, We will unswervingly follow the path of high-quality development that gives priority to ecology and pursues green, low-carbon development.
* We need to maintain overall planning at the national level, strengthen top-level design, leverage institutional advantages, meet the responsibilities of all parties, and adopt policies based on local conditions.
* We should give top priority to conserving energy and resources, implement a comprehensive conservation strategy, and advocate a simple, moderate, green and low-carbon lifestyle.
* The government and the market should exert both efforts, strengthen scientific, technological and institutional innovation, deepen reform in energy and related fields, and form an effective incentive and restraint mechanism.
* We need to strengthen international exchanges and cooperation and effectively coordinate domestic and international energy and resources.
* We need to strengthen risk identification and control, and properly handle the relationship between pollution reduction and carbon reduction, energy security, industrial chain and supply chain security, food security, and people's normal life.
The meeting pointed out that the "14th Five-Year" is the critical period of carbon peak, the window period, to focus on the following work.
First, we need to build a clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient energy system. We need to limit the total amount of fossil energy, make greater use of it, implement the initiative to replace renewable energy, deepen the reform of the power system, and build a new type of power system with new energy as the mainstay.
Second, we will take action to reduce pollution and carbon emissions in key industries and sectors. We will promote green manufacturing in industry, raise energy efficiency standards in construction, and speed up the formation of green and low-carbon transport modes in transportation.
Third, we need to promote major breakthroughs in green and low-carbon technologies, promptly deploy research on cutting-edge low-carbon technologies, accelerate the spread and application of pollution reduction and carbon reduction technologies, and establish and improve a system for evaluating and trading green and low-carbon technologies and a service platform for scientific and technological innovation.
Fourth, we need to improve green and low-carbon policies and market systems, improve the "dual control" system for energy, and improve fiscal, tax, pricing, finance, land, and government procurement policies that are conducive to green and low-carbon development. We need to accelerate carbon emission trading, and actively develop green finance.
Fifth, we need to advocate green and low-carbon life, oppose extravagance and waste, encourage green travel, and create a new fashion for green and low-carbon life.